Although traditional pull-ups are hard, the perfect pull-up’s swing arm brings the bar down to you. Perfect Fitness Pull-Up Bar is the most adjustable swing arm that can help you work up to traditional pull-ups. The perfect pull up adjusts to your fitness level. Now anyone can do a pull-up and benefit from the great upper body and core exercise. With the help of this, you can perform Standing Rows and Australian Pull-Ups easily. If you have mastered the traditional pull-ups then use the swing arm to perform triceps presses, lunges and a large variety of other exercises.
Standing Row (Beginner)
This is a great alternative for those who have never been able to do a full pull-up. You can use this move to build up your strength in order to perform Australian Pull-Ups or the Regular ones.
- Lift pull-up bar up and out of j-hook and bring bar halfway down.
- Anchor feet against the door frame.
- Grasp pull-up bar just wider than shoulder width apart, palms facing down.
- Extend arms so body hangs out at an angle as shown.
- Pull from your back, handles in line with chest, elbows close to the body.
- Maintain plank position throughout the exercise to keep abs tight.
- Elbows stay straight back as you rotate outward to down position.
- Inhale as you come down.
Australian Pull-Up (Intermediate)
Australian Pull-Up is a good alternative to a Standard Pull-Up. This one is for those people who are not able to complete one full Pull-up.
- Lift pull-up bar up and out of j-hook and bring the bar all the way down so it is hanging in the doorway.
- Grasp pull-up bar just wider than shoulder width apart, palms facing ways from the body.
- Extend arms so body hangs below the bar.
- Exhale and pull body up so chest reaches the bar.
- Hold at the top for one count then slowly return to start position, inhaling as you lower down.
Regular Pull-Up (Advanced)
A Regular Pull-Up helps in building upper body and core strength, particularly in back and biceps.
- Grasp pull-up bar just wider than shoulder width apart, palms facing out.
- Draw navel in to activate the core.
- Slowly and with control, exhale and pull body up until chin reaches the bar.
- Hold at top of movement for one count.
- Then inhale while returning to start position.
Negative Pull-Up (Modification)
This is an excellent modification if you are not able to perform a regular pull-up. In this, you have to keep the head in neutral position with ears above shoulders throughout the movement.
- Set chair or other sturdy objects next to the bar.
- Make sure chair is on a level non-skid surface.
- Stand on the object to get the body into up position (chin above pull-up bar), placing hands just wider than shoulder-width apart on bar and palms facing out.
- Lower body down slowly over five-second count.
- Once at the bottom of the movement (arms extended) use object to return to up position.
Best Free Standing Pull-up Bar
No matter whether you are in search of a good workout or you want to maximize your upper body strength, Best Free Standing Pull-Up Bars provide an excellent tool for your daily stretch. There are a variety of different types and styles of free-standing pull-up bars.
- Pull up towers / power towers / pull up & dip stations
- Power cages/power racks with pull up bars
- Trapeze style pull up bars
- Squat stand pull up bars
- Punch bag stands with pull up bars
Here is the list of Best Free Standing Pull-Up Bars.
Tensive HD Style Dip Stand Fitness Training Parallel Bar Home Gym Dip Station
The Tensive Training Bar Home Gym Station is an incredibly affordable pull-up bar system. It is not only easy to setup but also fits perfectly in any home or commercial gym. You’ll notice 4 rubber pads to prevent any unnecessary scratching. This pull-up system is great to help strengthen and condition triceps, chest, shoulders, and delts.
Goplus Chin Up Tower Rack Pull Up Weight Stand Bar
The Go plus resistant home gym is a perfect choice if you are looking for a great at home or commercial chin up bar system. The system includes easy reading instructions with comfortable padding for longer workout sessions.
Bodyweight Master Free Standing Pull Up Bar
The Bodyweight Master Free Standing Pull up Bar System is a durable and fully customizable tool. It can help to maximize your muscles. It is completely made of strong steel. That makes it a stable system that is perfect for any home or commercial gym setting. It comes with easy setup instructions and the system is easy to use with 7 different pull-up height settings.
Solo Strength Ultimate Functional Training Bodyweight Exercise Home Gym
Solo Strength is the most durable fitness pull-up bar systems on the market. It comes with a full height adjustable pull-up system. It has the ability to perform over 150 exercises that make it the perfect exercise tool for bodybuilders and those looking to maximize their core strength. The system also comes with wall mount installation brackets for more security, an instruction manual, and exercise books and videos.
Stamina Power Tower Home Gym, Red
The Stamina Power Tower Home Gym is a relatively affordable workout system. It doesn’t consume a lot of space and also proves to be an effective piece of equipment for chin-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, vertical knee raises, and more. It can last for years under the right care as it is built from a solid steel construction. The exterior of the power tower’s steel frame is covered in rubber grips and cushions for a more comfortable workout.
Cap Barbell Ultimate Power Cage With Performance Pack
The Cap Barbell Ultimate Power Cage is the ultimate standing pull-up bar system. It is made of durable steel that makes it a perfect fit for any commercial or large home gym setting. It offers plenty of different workout stations to use. And it holds a strong environment for any exercise routine and types from pull-ups to sit-ups and more.
Best Wall Mounted Pull-Up Bar
A wall mounted pull-up bar is a great investment to achieve your fitness goals. As far as finding the best wall mounted pull-up bar is concerned, it is fairly simple. There are two best wall bars around and all the other wall bars are the imitation/copy of their designs.
- Ultimate Wall Mounted Pull-Up Bar is a US (Pennsylvania) based company who specialize in making body weight exercise equipment. They focus on two key products lines; Dip Bars and Pull up Bars. Their Joist Mounted Bar is very popular.
- Stud Bar Wall Mount Pull-Up Bar is based in San Marcos California. Their key product is the Stud Bar. They also manufacture accessories for the bar such as Gymnastic rings and Pull up assistance bands. The Stud Bar is the most durable bar you’ll find on the market. It comes with a lifetime guarantee. It can be mounted to both; the wall and the ceiling.
Perfect Fitness Pull-Up Bar Installation
If you want to install Perfect Fitness Pull-Up Bar, then follow the given instruction step by step.
- Measure the width of your door. If your door is not “27-36” (68-90 cm) wide, try another door.
- Place the installation templates at the top left of the door frame (the side opposite the door) and mark the holes at 4 locations.
- Repeat the same for the right side of the door.
- Drill “5/32” (4mm) holes at the locations marked.
- Install the left J-Hook and the side bracket using M5×45mm Philips screws provided.
- Repeat the same for the right side using the right J-Hook and the remaining side bracket.
- Assemble the left swing arm into the left bar using M6×17mm Philips Bolts and M6 Spring washers.
- Assemble the right swing arm into the right bar using M6×17mm Philips Bolts and M6 Spring washers.
- Place the smaller right bar inside the left bar.
- Install the left and right swing arms on the left and right side brackets by lining up the large hole in the swing arm with the head of the side bracket.
- Rotate the bar up and latch into the J-Hooks.
- Make sure the swing arms are centered in the J-Hooks and that the swing arms are connected to the side bracket.
- Tighten the top Allen lock in the collar with the Allen wrench provided. This will connect the left and right assemblies.
- Try removing and replacing the bar from the J-Hooks and adjust as necessary to ensure smooth operation.
Wrap and attach the soft hand grips in the desired position on the bar. Reposition as necessary during your workout.