Pain in the lower back is one of the most common problems faced by adults these days. So it is better to deal with your lower back problems before it gets too late. You can perform different exercises, yoga poses, supplements as well as home and natural remedies to reduce or get rid of this pain.
How to Cure Back Pain Fast at Home:
You can cure back pain fast at home by applying the following methods or ways.
- You can cure back pain by keeping your back happy. Healthier habits can help resolve the underlying problem and strengthen your back.
- The second most important way to cure back pain is by stretching as it serves two purposes; it loosens up tense muscles and strengthens the ones that need some help.
- We spend most of our time sitting down and that can cause great harm to you. But you can minimize the bad impact by sitting in a proper and correct posture.
- Sleeping position affects your back pain as it is the best position. Spending a few nights on the floor with a pillow underneath your feet can really make your back pain better. If you are a side sleeper then pillow between your knees can allow your muscles to relax more.
- Gentle massage of a sore or tense muscle is also one of the most effective ways to relieve back pain.
- There are plenty of pain rubs and ointments to cure back pain. But the effectiveness of these medications can vary from user to user so you should go for the ones that suit your needs well.
- If you are experiencing regular back pain then you can fill your bath tub with lukewarm water and add a few handfuls of Epsom salt. This salt works its way through the skin and into sore muscles to provide relief. Water must not be cold or hot as it may cause some problems.
- There are many over the counter medicines for back pain such as Tylenol or Advil. Sometimes this pain can become severe and may require the use of painkillers.
This term sciatica describes the symptoms of leg pain that originates in the lower back and travels through the buttocks and down the large sciatic nerve in the back of each leg. This type of pain can vary from infrequent and irritant to a constant one.
Symptoms of Sciatica:
Sciatica is often characterized by one of the following symptoms.
- Constant pain in only one side of the buttock or leg.
- Pain that gets worse when a person is sitting.
- Leg pain that is often described as burning or tingling sensation.
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty in moving the leg, foot or toes.
- Pain that radiates down the leg and possibly into the legs and toes.
- A sharp pain that may make it difficult to stand up or walk.
Home Remedies for Sciatica:
Sciatica pain causes a lot of discomfort. There are several home remedies that are the easiest, cheapest and quickest mean of getting relief from the pain and discomfort caused due to it.
- Heat Therapy is one of the best home remedies for instant relief from sciatica pain especially during winter. Hot water bottle can be applied to where you feel pain.
- Cold Therapy is another effective home remedy to reduce sciatica pain. It provides with instant pain relief especially in such cases where the touch is hot. You can apply ice packs on the affected area.
- Grapes are anti-inflammatory fruits that form a powerful home remedy for sciatica. Consumption of grapes reduces inflammation that results in easing the tense muscles.
- Lemon is a stockroom of Vitamin C that makes it a very powerful home remedy against sciatica. Vitamin C reduces the inflammation and sciatic pain collapses.
Back Pain Relief Exercises:
Back pain relief exercises are extremely beneficial for treating a problem back. Muscle and back pain can be caused due to age, muscle imbalances and overuse. There are specific exercises that can help strengthen and stretch sore muscles. These can also help your spine stay properly aligned.
Lie Down and Twist at the Hip:
- Lie down on your back on the floor.
- Now spread your right arm out at a 90 degree angle to your body.
- Raise your right knee so that your right foot is level with your left knee but flat on the floor.
- Now turn your head to look at your right hand.
- Use your left hand to turn your right knee towards you.
- You upper body will still lie flat on the floor but your lower body will twist at the base of your spine.
- Just rock your knee gently and repeat the same procedure with the other side.
Stand up and Support:
- While standing up, take your hands and place them on your hips with the fingers on your back and thumbs on your front.
- Now move your hands further round the back so that the finger tips meet at the center of your back. Your thumbs will be closer to your sides now rather than the front.
- Now push the top of your back backwards.
- You should feel a satisfying stretch in the lower back.
Strong Natural Pain Killers:
You may find relief that you need from a variety of strong natural pain killers.
- Willow Bark has been used by people to easy inflammation that is the cause of most of the pains and aches. The chemical Salicin found in the bark of willow bark works as aspirin and helps relieve back pain.
- Turmeric contains the compound called curcumin, an antioxidant that helps protect the body from free radical molecules that can damage cells and tissues. You can turn to turmeric as a natural back pain reliever because it helps relieve inflammation.
- Acupuncture is the ancient Chinese medical practice seeks to relieve pain. Needles are inserted on the part of body which is experiencing pain. Acupuncture may help relieve pain by causing the body to release serotonin, a chemical that eases pain.
Stretches for Upper Back Pain:
Here is the list of stretches that can be done for upper back pain.
- Knee to Chest
- Lying Knee Twist
- Yoga Cat Pose
- Piriformis Seated Stretch
- Cobra Stretch
- Restful Pose
How to Sleep with Lower Back Pain and Sciatica?
Sleeping can be hard if you are suffering from a back ache. There are two sleeping positions that can help you with your back pain.
- When sleeping on your side, place a pillow between your knees. Try to keep your top leg from falling over your bottom leg. You also can put a small, rolled-up towel under your waist.
- When sleeping on your back, place a pillow under your knees. You also can put a small, rolled-up towel under the curve of your back.